- TueOct25 Junior Parent Coffee 8:30 AM to 10:00 AMJSL
- TueOct25 Parent/Guardian Lit Club 7:00 PM to 9:00 PMJSL
- ThuOct27 Portland Area Alumni Gathering 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- FriOct28 9th Grade Cluster Potlucks 6:00 PM to 7:15 PMM-202, Library, Student Center, U101/102
- FriOct28 Fall Play Performances 6:00 PM to 10:00 PMUHS Theater, M-114, M-115
- SatOct29 Fall Play Performances 6:00 PM to 10:00 PMUHS Theater, M-114, M-115
UHS parent and alumna Monique Morris '90 recently spoke on the UHS stage about social justice in the United States, specifically those issues highlighted in her recent book, Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools.
University High School's production of Tartuffe, first written and performed over 350 years ago by legendary French playwright Moliére, will open on the UHS stage on Friday, October 28 at 7:30 p.m.
On September 17, three UHS students came together to pitch in at California's 32nd annual Coastal Cleanup Day, one of the state's largest volunteer events (at last year's cleanup, 1,143,000 pounds of trash and recyclables were removed from CA beaches).
The annual UHS Club Fair was held this past Friday, September 23, with more than 50 clubs—53 to be exact—representing our students' diverse range of interests and identities.
UHS English instructor Joanna Ro's former student, Devi Lockwood, recently stopped by UHS to share her experiences of traveling around the world (including Fiji, Cambodia, and Qatar) to listen, learn, and write about environmental issues.
Photographer Liz Hickok will open the 2016–17 Professional Artist Series at University High School with Keeping it sort of real, which will run from September 23 through October 28 in the Jackson Street Gallery.
UHS's Paul Goode Field is beginning to take shape, revealing the terrific facility that our teams--as well as community youth sports participants--will enjoy.
The new Idea Lab is on schedule for fall 2016 opening, allowing UHS to increase the role of fabrication and design thinking throughout the program.