The UHS Admissions Team is working as quickly as possible to process all incoming application materials. Due to high volume, please allow 1–2 business days for us to update applicant profiles on Ravenna-Hub.
Please note that schools will continue to submit transcripts and recommendations after the deadline. We encourage you to check your account on Ravenna regularly to see the status of your application, and if we are missing something, we will contact you. We appreciate your patience and consideration.
The final application deadline is Thursday January 12, 2017, at 5:00 PST.
Create a Ravenna-Hub account and complete the Student Profile. In the School Directory, select San Francisco University High School and click "Apply." You will then be able to register for on-campus events.
While none of our events are required, we strongly encourage our applicants to come to campus to get the fullest sense of UHS and the range of opportunities available at our school. We have a few ways for you to get to know us on campus, detailed below:
Campus Visit Program: Students are given a first-hand opportunity to see our classes, teachers, students, and campus. Campus visits are available from mid-September through December.
Open Houses: We host three Open Houses in the fall that are an opportunity for families to experience UHS together:
• Sunday, October 9, 2016
• Sunday, November 6, 2016
• Sunday, December 4, 2016
Parent/Guardian Information Sessions: Throughout the fall, we invite parents and guardians to attend an optional information session, where you can meet members of the Admissions team and UHS faculty, and learn more about our school community.
All events are only for families considering applying for entry in Fall 2017. Registration through Ravenna-Hub is required for all on-campus Admissions events.
For a full calendar of Admissions events, click here.
Submitting standardized test results is a required step in the UHS application process.
Applying for Ninth or Tenth Grade
- Applicants for ninth and tenth grade take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT), or the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE).
- Please note that the SSAT or ISEE must be completed during the academic year in which your application is submitted, no earlier than August. Register to test in October, November, December, or January.
- We only accept test scores directly from SSAT/ ISEE; we do not accept copies.
- SSAT: Register to take the SSAT. Our school code is 7108.
- ISEE: Register to take the ISEE. Our school code is 570572.
Applying for Eleventh Grade
- Applicants for eleventh grade submit SSAT, ISEE, or PSAT scores.
- SSAT or ISEE testing must be completed during the academic year in which your application is submitted, no earlier than August. Register to test in October, November, December, or January.
- PSAT testing can be completed during any academic year, but recent scores are preferable.
Applying for Twelfth Grade
- Applicants for twelfth grade may submit PSAT, SAT, or ACT scores.
- PSAT, SAT, or ACT testing can be completed during any academic year. The test does not need to be taken in the current academic year.
- PSAT, SAT, or ACT: If taking one of these tests, please check to see if your test results are included as part of your school transcript. If not, please contact your school to have your score reports forwarded directly to us, or we will accept a photocopy of your score report.
If you would like to request a fee waiver for standardized testing, please contact the Admissions Office at (415) 447-3101.
The application materials consist of the Student Application, the Parent/Guardian Application, two teacher recommendations, a principal or school counselor recommendation, and transcripts. More detailed information about applying can be found on Ravenna-Hub.
The UHS application fee is $90, and is non-refundable. If you would like to request an application fee waiver, please contact the Admissions Office at (415) 447-3101.
The application deadline for the 2017–2018 school year is January 12, 2017, at 5:00 PM PST.
Once we receive the Parent/Guardian Application and application fee (or fee waiver), you will be able to schedule your 25 minute interview on Ravenna-Hub.
Click here for instructions on how to apply for financial aid at UHS.
San Francisco University High School admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school administered program.