APPLY TO SUMMERBRIDGE!
Each year we accept 37 sixth graders from nearly 30 public and parochial middle schools in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our students represent the diversity of the Bay Area and have had a range of academic preparation. In general, Summerbridge students:
- are self-directed and motivated
- have a goal of attending college
- demonstrate academic promise
- have a firm commitment to learning and value education
- have a compelling economic need for a tuition free program
While Summerbridge students each come to the program with different needs, our goal is that all students leave with the academic skills that will prepare them for successful experiences at rigorous college-preparatory high school programs.
Required Family Commitment:
- THREE consecutive six-week summer sessions. Daily attendance is mandatory.
- Student attends school year program (15 weeks each semester). Weekly attendance is mandatory.
- At least one afternoon per week English and math enrichment classes (ALL students)
- SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) preparation class for eighth-grade students (after school sessions and two Saturday sessions)
- Tutoring offered Monday–Thursday (optional unless student earns a B- or lower in any academic course)
- High school placement program for eighth-grade students and families.
- Summerbridge Family Association meetings for parents and guardians take place about four times per year; attendance is mandatory.
Important 2017 Application Dates:
- The Summerbridge 2017 application is now CLOSED. For more information on the application process and how you might apply in the future, please visit our Summerbridge FAQ page.
If you have any questions, please contact Deundra C. Hundon, director of outreach and family relations, at (415) 447-3126 or email@example.com.