Under the leadership of the Executive Committee and committee co-chairs, the PGA carries out a wide variety of support functions to enhance the overall experience of UHS students and families including:
- Promoting student arts and athletic events
- Staffing Admissions open houses, the famed San Francisco Decorator Showcase, and the Dennis A. Collins Library
- Producing educational forums and faculty-led parent/guardian seminars
- Arranging hospitality services for Back to School Night and other school events
- Initiating a wide range of activities for students and parents/guardians to build cohesiveness within each grade and throughout the UHS community
More than half of all UHS families contribute their time and energy, literally thousands of hours annually, to one or more of the PGA’s 20 committees. Given the variety of activities and schedules, there is ample opportunity for every parent and guardian to become involved. Doing so helps parents and guardians stay connected with their child’s high school experience while making new friends and having fun!