UHS Financial Aid Mission Statement
The San Francisco University High School financial aid program empowers us to build and sustain an excellent learning community. We commit to seeking and enrolling students from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and meeting their financial need to ensure that they can engage fully in the UHS experience.
UHS Financial Aid Philosophy
Since our founding, UHS has maintained a community of equity and excellence by admitting students of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and talents, regardless of their financial means. To fulfill this commitment, UHS maintains a strong financial aid program and allocates a significant portion of our annual budget to financial aid. In 2019–2020, 24% of our student body will receive about $3.2 million in financial aid. We award grants to students each year based upon their family's demonstrated need and the school's available funds. Admission decisions and financial aid decisions are made separately; applicants are evaluated for admission without regard to a request for aid.
The Financial Aid Application
All application materials must be uploaded to the School & Student Services website, the third party organization that most Bay Area independent schools use in their financial aid process. Instructions are below. We strongly encourage families to begin preparing your tax returns as soon as possible.
Due January 9, 2020:
- Please go to the School & Student Services website at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents and create an account. You will use this account to upload all of your financial aid application components. *Note for divorced or separated parents, or never-married parents living apart: a separate financial aid application must be submitted for each household.
- Parents' Financial Statement (PFS): The PFS will be available for the 2019–2020 school year at https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents on October 2, 2019. Complete and submit your PFS electronically. Contact SSS Parent Support at (800) 344-8328 or email email@example.com for answers to questions about completing the PFS. Our SSS School Code is 7108.
- 2018 Federal Tax Return 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ: Upload to your SSS website account.
- 2018 Form W-2/1099: Upload to your SSS website account.
- Letter of Family Circumstance: If a letter of explanation would help us better understand your situation, please include it with the rest of your application by uploading to your SSS website account.
- Federal Business Tax Return: If applicable. Upload to your SSS website account with all pages and all schedules of Forms 1065, 1120, or 1120s, as well as any K-1, as applicable.
By February 21, 2020:
* Reminder: Upload to your SSS Family Portal website account:
- 2019 Federal Tax Return 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ with all documents. *An informed estimate is sufficient for the 2019 tax return as we realize all documents required for filing may not be available in February. However, a 2019 1040 must be completed and submitted in order to be considered for financial aid. The application is considered incomplete without it and all pertinent schedules and documents.
- 2019 Form W-2/1099
Please check out our Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions. For more information and any questions, please contact Nate Lundy, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, at (415) 447-3104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FINANCIAL AID RESOURCES:
Solutions by SSS Website: https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents
SSS Parent Support: (800) 344-8328 or email@example.com
Our SSS School Code: 7108