UHS Financial Aid Mission Statement
The San Francisco University High School financial aid program empowers us to build and sustain an excellent learning community. We commit to seeking and enrolling students from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and meeting their financial need to ensure that they can engage fully in the UHS experience.
UHS Financial Aid Philosophy
Since our founding, UHS has maintained a community of equity and excellence by admitting students of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and talents, regardless of their financial means. To fulfill this commitment, UHS maintains a strong financial aid program and allocates a significant portion of our annual budget to financial aid. In 2021–2022, 23% of our student body will receive about $3.7 million in financial aid. We award grants to students each year based upon their family's demonstrated need and the school's available funds. Admission decisions and financial aid decisions are made separately; applicants are evaluated for admission without regard to a request for aid.
The Financial Aid Application
All application materials must be uploaded to the School & Student Services website, the third party organization that most Bay Area independent schools use in their financial aid process. Instructions are below. The Parent Financial Statement (PFS) will be available to begin working on in early October 2021. We strongly encourage families to begin preparing your tax returns as soon as possible.
Beginning October 2021:
- Create a parent account on the School & Student Services website. You will use this account to upload all of your financial aid application components. *Note for divorced or separated parents, or never-married parents living apart: a separate financial aid application must be submitted for each household.
By January 6, 2022:
- Submit your PFS (Parent Financial Statement) electronically. Contact SSS Parent Support at (800) 344-8328 or email email@example.com with any questions you may have about completing the PFS. Our SSS School Code is 7108.
- Upload: 2020 Form W-2/1099 to your SSS parent account.
- Upload: Completed 2020 Federal Tax Return 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ to your SSS parent account.
- Optional: Submit a Letter of Family Circumstance. If a letter of explanation would help us better understand your situation, please include it with the rest of your application by uploading to your SSS parent account.
- If applicable: upload your Federal Business Tax Return to your SSS parent account. Include all pages and schedules of Forms 1065, 1120, or 1120s, as well as K-1.
By February 18, 2022:
- Upload: 2021 Form W-2/1099
- Upload: 2021 Federal Tax Return 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ with all documents.
- An informed estimate is sufficient for the 2021 tax return as we realize all documents required for filing may not be available in February. However, a 2021 W-2/1099 and 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ must be completed and submitted in order to be considered for financial aid. The application is considered incomplete without it and all pertinent schedules and documents.
- Please check out our Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions. For more information and any questions, please contact Nate Lundy, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, at (415) 447-3104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.