Reunion Weekend 2018
UHS 2018 Reunion Weekend will take place Friday, May 4, and Saturday, May 5, when we will honor the Classes of 1978, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2008, and 2013.
Please note that ALL alumni are invited to all events, except for one special night for the Class of 1993 celebrating their 25th!
Friday, May 4
Alumni Career Symposium: Inventing and Sustaining Your Own Vision of Success
Alumni will share insight on these topics:
- How would you define your own vision of success and sense of purpose?
- What is the story of your life up to this point?
- What should our students know if they choose to follow your specific career path?
Click here to volunteer.8:00 a.m. Doors open
9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Program, followed by hosted lunch
UHS Theater, 3150 Washington Street
Hear The Hon. Madeleine K. Albright current UHS grandmother, in conversation with Alumni Association President Julayne Virgil '94. Welcome remarks from Justin McMahan '93. Featuring 2018 Alumni Honors recipients Dr. Njema Frazier '88, nuclear physicist, and George Watsky '05, artist.
Important logistics information:
- All 405 students will participate in this updated version of Career Day.
- Alumni volunteers will participate in breakout sessions and share their definition of success and news from their professional fields.
- All alumni and current parents are invited to hear Madame Albright speak.
- Alumni are invited to attend as volunteer speakers or guests in the keynote and breakout sessions.
- Parents will be excused from Career Symposium breakout sessions.
- Because the theater holds 400, and we have 405 students plus faculty/staff, parents, alumni and their guests, Madame Albright has agreed to speak twice, at 9:00 a.m. then again at 10:45 a.m.
- Participants will be assigned an agenda track at registration between 8:00 a.m. -9:00 a.m. before the event.
3:00–6:00 p.m. – Happy [Reunion] Hour—meet me in the courtyard! Make a masterpiece with Prudy Kohler herself using her unique photo transfer technique. Are you an alumnus/a author with a recently published book? We'd love for you to bring copies of your book to sign and sell at this time.
6:00–8:00 p.m. – Class of 1993 25th Reunion Cocktail Party at the Head of School's home. Significant others welcome.
Saturday, May 5
9:00–10:00 a.m. – Family Tee-Ball @ UHS Athletic Complex at Paul Goode Field
10:30 a.m. – Alumni vs. Varsity Baseball @ UHS Athletic Complex at Paul Goode Field
6:00–8:00 p.m. – All Class Reunion at Showcase! Complimentary valet parking. Tickets $40 each.
Coming in from out of town for the festivities? Receive a 15% discount at the Laurel Inn, a Joie de Vivre property. Located on the corner of California Street and Presidio Avenue. The group code is REUNION18 and the link is http://bit.ly/2smCTqA
Are you celebrating a milestone year? Contact Marianna Stark, director of alumni engagement and giving, to get involved:
EMAIL HERE or call [office: (415) 447-3116 // text/mobile: (415) 407-8743].
UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFO!
Alums, we want to be able to keep you up-to-date on all thing UHS in general, and Reunion 2018 in particular! Please log into the Alumni Portal via "myUHS" AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN, then click on "My Profile" at the top of the left hand navigation menu to confirm that your contact information is correct in your Alumni Directory profile. After you have logged in, you can access and update your profile. Having trouble logging in? Please contact Marianna Stark '89, director of alumni engagement and giving.