Apply for the Young Alumni Council Fellowship
Application period opens soon! For more information, contact Marianna Stark '89, director of alumni engagement and giving, at marianna.stark (at) sfuhs.org.
NEW! 2023 Young Alumni Council (YAC) Summer Fellowship, San Francisco University High School Alumni Association
Scroll down for full details.
The University High School Alumni Association is an inclusive, engaged community that reflects our school's core values, inspiring life-long connections between alums, students, and faculty. We are a vibrant community of over 4,000 alums around the world! Whether you were part of the first UHS classes in the fall of 1975 whose mascot was the Unicorn, or you graduated last spring, we share a unique educational experience and will always be an important part of the UHS community. Go Red Devils!
Collaborating with the Director of Alumni Engagement and Giving, 2023 YAC Summer Fellows will advise how best to engage young alums and encourage young alum giving. YAC Summer Fellows will have the opportunity to learn the skills required for professional fundraising and stewarding member organizations, and apply that knowledge to any discipline, not just independent school giving. This position is perfect for alums who are pursuing careers in marketing, social media, communications, nonprofit management, social justice, education, or any discipline that requires knowledge of fundraising or member engagement practices.
· Learn about how a contemporary fundraising office works including budgeting, data management, program management
· Learn fundraising best practices
· Review UHS Alumni Association young alum engagement and giving programming
· Research and recommend new ways to engage young alumni
· Participate in Zoom meetings with Fellows and the Director of Alumni Engagement and Giving
· Write copy for event invitations and fundraising solicitations
· Serve as a member of the Young Alumni Council
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/qualifications:
· Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including skill to produce information that is appropriately presented and effectively received by target constituencies.
· Active listening skills, including advanced critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Advanced level analytical and decision-making skills, sound judgment, and highly developed political acumen.
· Advanced project management skills, including time management skills, and the ability to plan out and complete assignments over a number of weeks, resulting in an on time and complete project
· Education/Training: Bachelor's degree
Compensation & Time Committment
· June 5 – Aug 26, 2023 (12 weeks, 4 hours per week, $26/hour = over $1,000 gross, depending on your tax bracket).
· Summer Fellow may be required to fulfill onboarding paperwork and training as part of their responsibilities.
· Zoom meetings will be scheduled at a time convenient for all parties, most likely Friday afternoons.
· Some independent work required.
· Seeking up to 3 Fellows per summer