When families and individuals choose to establish named endowment funds, we build our legacy.
Endowed gifts provide a stable income stream to ensure University’s continued excellence in faculty support, curriculum development, financial aid, and community building. They help UHS fulfill its mission—but better and with more impact, and for decades to come.
We invite you to meet a few of our generous donors and honorees on this page, and learn why they chose to make endowed gifts to University High School.
An endowment gift is a donation that is given with the intent to preserve the original value of the gift, and to grow it over time. The funds are held in perpetuity and invested, and the accumulated appreciation and income on the investment is used to fund an annual distribution. The annual distribution is spent according to the donor’s wishes. Through this dedicated stream of income, an endowment gift ensures the stability of our financial aid program or specific elements of our curriculum, programming, and faculty professional development. Donors are encouraged to work with the Development office to design the most meaningful gift to meet their goals, and University's goals. If you wish to discuss making an endowment gift or establish a named fund please contact Shaundra Bason, director of development at Shaundra.Bason@sfuhs.org.
The Elizabeth McVey Dawson ’94 Memorial Scholarship Endowment
Alumna and friend Elizabeth McVey Dawson '94 passed away on December 2, 2019. Elizabeth's parents, Mary McVey and Hal Dawson, have established The Elizabeth McVey Dawson ’94 Memorial Scholarship Endowment in recognition of Elizabeth’s deep love of our school community which held such a special place in her heart. Contributions to this endowment will help provide, in perpetuity, financial aid to deserving students. Click here to make a gift in Elizabeth's memory.
We are grateful to these familiies, individuals, and institutions for their generosity, and for building University's legacy for decades to come.
FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM
- The Baker Street Fund
- The Elizabeth McVey Dawson ’94 Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Faculty-Staff Financial Aid Endowment Fund
- Merrill Scholarship Program at University High School
- Reader’s Digest Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Student Endowment for Financial Aid
- The Cynthia J. Douglas Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Koret Foundation Endowment of the Summerbridge program
- The Sanger Family Fund
- William Randolph Hearst Endowment for Summerbridge
OUTREACH AND STUDENT SUPPORT
- The Phyllis R. Sutton Student Support Fund
- The University Fund
- The Lamott Endowment for Interdisciplinary Teaching and Curricular Innovation
- Raymond P. Haas Endowment Fund
- Sara ’99, Thomas ’02 and Kathryn ’05 McKinley Endowment Fund for Faculty Enrichment