Here is a little information about the UHS Parents Association (PA):
UHS parents and guardians have a long-standing tradition of providing service and support to the school’s vibrant community through activities and events organized by the PA. All parents and guardians of students enrolled at UHS are members of the PA. The PA relies exclusively on parent and guardian volunteers and is proud of its culture of participation and inclusiveness.
Under the leadership of the Executive Committee and committee co-chairs, the PA carries out a wide variety of support functions to enhance the overall experience of UHS students and families including:
- Promoting student arts and athletic events
- Staffing Admissions open houses, the famed San Francisco Decorator Showcase, and the Dennis A. Collins Library
- Producing educational forums and faculty-led parent seminars
- Arranging hospitality services for Back to School Night and other school events
- Initiating a wide range of activities for students and parents to build cohesiveness within each grade and throughout the UHS community
More than half of all UHS families contribute their time and energy, literally thousands of hours annually, to one or more of the PA’s 20 committees. Given the variety of activities and schedules, there is ample opportunity for every parent and guardian to become involved. Doing so helps parents and guardians stay connected with their child’s high school experience while making new friends and having fun!