The Parents Association
Are you new to the UHS community?
Here’s a little information about the UHS Parents Association (PA):
All parents of students enrolled at UHS are members of the PA, which exists to support the school’s goals, objectives, and policies as established by the UHS Board of Trustees and administration.
Under the leadership of its Executive Committee and its committee co-chairs, the PA carries out a wide variety of support functions including:
- Promoting student arts and athletic events
- Staffing Admissions open houses, the famed San Francisco Decorator Showcase, and the Dennis A. Collins Library
- Producing educational forums and faculty-led parent seminars
- Planning and coordinating, with Student Council, all-school dances, and the prom
- Arranging hospitality services for Back to School Night and other school events
- Initiating a wide range of activities for students and parents to build cohesiveness within each grade and throughout the UHS community
The PA relies exclusively on parent volunteers for carrying out its functions and it is proud of its culture of participation and inclusiveness. More than half of all UHS families contribute their time and energy, literally thousands of hours annually, to one or more of the PA’s 21 committees. Given the variety of activities and schedules there’s ample opportunity for every parent to become involved.
And doing so helps parents stay connected with their child’s high school experience while making new friends and having fun!