Apply to Summerbridge
Each year we accept 36 sixth-graders from public and parochial middle schools in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our students represent the diversity of the Bay Area and have had a range of academic preparation. In general, Summerbridge students:
- are self-directed and motivated
- have a goal of attending college
- demonstrate academic promise
- have a firm commitment to learning and value education
- have a compelling economic need for a tuition free program
While Summerbridge students each come to the program with different needs, our goal is that all students leave with the academic skills that will prepare them for successful experiences at rigorous college-preparatory high school programs.
Required Family Commitment:
- THREE consecutive six-week summer sessions. Daily attendance is mandatory.
- Student attends After-School Enrichment (ASE) program. Weekly attendance is mandatory.
- High school placement program for eighth-grade students and families.
- Summerbridge Family Association meetings for parents and guardians take place about four times per year; attendance is mandatory.
Step 1: Inquire
Inquiry Form (English)
Inquiry Form (Spanish)
Inquiry Form (Chinese)
Step 2: Apply
Step 3: Parent/Guardian: Complete Applicant Grade Submissions (this form must be completed for each applicant)