Apply to Summerbridge
Each year we accept 36 sixth-graders from public and parochial middle schools in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our students represent the diversity of the Bay Area and have had a range of academic preparation. In general, Summerbridge students:
- are self-directed and motivated
- have a goal of attending college
- demonstrate academic promise
- have a firm commitment to learning and value education
- have a compelling economic need for a tuition free program
While Summerbridge students each come to the program with different needs, our goal is that all students leave with the academic skills that will prepare them for successful experiences at rigorous college-preparatory high school programs.
Required Family Commitment:
- THREE consecutive six-week summer sessions. Daily attendance is mandatory.
- Student attends school year program (15 weeks each semester). Weekly attendance is mandatory.
- At least one afternoon per week of enrichment classes (ALL students)
- SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) preparation class (after school sessions and two Saturday sessions)
- Tutoring offered weekly
- High school placement program for eighth-grade students and families.
- Summerbridge Family Association meetings for parents and guardians take place about four times per year; attendance is mandatory.
If you have any questions, please contact Dara Northcroft, Executive Director, at (415) 447-3127 or email@example.com.
The 2019 admissions season is now closed.