Breakthrough Summerbridge COVID-19 Guide
The UHS COVID-19 Task Force has been working steadily since March 2020 to understand and interpret guidance from the state, county, and San Francisco Department of Health and other agencies to create a comprehensive and flexible plan for the reopening of our campus. We use our core values to ensure that we align our decision-making and our policies and procedures in ways that adhere to state, county, and city regulations and support our entire community.
We want to begin by recognizing the UHS and Breakthrough Summerbridge faculty and staff who have shown extraordinary dedication to our students and our program since the beginning of this pandemic. Our teachers quickly adjusted their practices to a remote platform, engaged in additional training during the summer, and managed their own lives during this shelter-in-place order. Our essential staff has been on campus as needed, and many have moved entire offices and programs into their homes. Supporting our employees’ well-being and their ability to provide a robust educational program is key as we consider our readiness to begin in-person learning on campus.
UHS has and will continue to place health and wellness at the center of our planning, appreciating that while we cannot eliminate risk, we can mitigate it by creating a set of clear practices, protocols, and shared responsibilities that we must adhere to as a community.
As of the news of approval from the San Francisco Department of Health, we have moved to Response Level 1 (see chart below). Creating the most effective and positive environment for our students and teachers within this ever-changing context requires that we closely monitor the teaching and learning experience and make modifications to our plan as the school year continues.
- RISK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- PHYSICAL (SOCIAL) DISTANCING PROTOCOLS
- CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- COHORTS (stable groups)
- OUTDOOR SPACES
- ENTRANCE, EGRESS, MOVEMENT WITHIN THE SCHOOL
- FACE COVERINGS AND OTHER ESSENTIAL PROTECTIVE GEAR
- Exceptions to use of face coverings
- HAND HYGIENE
- COVID TESTING AND SYMPTOM SCREENING
- SIMULTANEOUS DISTANCE LEARNING
- COMMUNICATION AND PRIVACY
- FOOD SERVICE
- Periodic inspections
- IDENTIFICATION AND TRACING OF CONTACTS
- OVERVIEW OF PROTOCOLS FOR RETURNING TO WORK OR SCHOOL FOR NON-VACCINATED FACULTY, STAFF OR STUDENTS
- Domestic Travel Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated Individuals
- Domestic Travel Recommendations for Unvaccinated Individuals
- FACULTY/ STAFF/FAMILY TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
- COVID-19 Resources for Summerbridge
Current Response Level: