The UHS COVID-19 Task Force adheres to the most up-to-date guidance and directives from the California and San Francisco Department of Health and other agencies to create this comprehensive safety plan for our campus and community. We use our core values to align our decision-making and our policies and procedures in ways that adhere to state, county, and city regulations and support our entire community.
Throughout the pandemic, UHS has and will continue to place health and wellness at the center of our planning. We appreciate that while we cannot eliminate risk, we can mitigate it by creating a set of shared community practices and protocols.
Creating the most effective and positive environment for our students and teachers within this ever-changing context may require modifying our plan as the school year continues. As of mid-December, Omicron has been detected in the US and is now responsible for the highest proportion of COVID-19 cases. The highly transmissible variant is causing breakthrough infections among people with up-to-date vaccinations. The more flexible and patient we are with these setbacks, the better we can support a productive UHS experience for everyone. Learn more about Omicron here.
During the 2021-2022 school year, our campus is open at 100% capacity with all students, faculty, and staff in-person and on-campus for daily teaching, learning, as well as co- and extracurricular and administrative activities.
We have developed a daily schedule that is very similar to our pre-pandemic schedule and that allows for two lunch periods and all-school gatherings to take place in smaller groups.
- OUR DAILY SCHEDULE
- Health And Safety
- VACCINATION STATUS
- MASKING, EATING, AND DISTANCING PROTOCOLS
- Special Events AND VISITORS
- EXCEPTIONS TO USE OF FACE COVERINGS
- CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
- HAND HYGIENE
- STUDENTS/EMPLOYEES WITH SYMPTOMS
- POSITIVE COVID CASES
- IDENTIFICATION AND TRACING OF CONTACTS
- COMMUNICATION AND PRIVACY
- ATHLETICS AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- Visitors to campus
- MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
- COVID-19 TASK FORCE, TEAM, AND STAFF
UHS COVID-19 Task Force Contacts:
- Head of School (Department of Public Health Liaison #1), Matt Levinson: Matt.Levinson@sfuhs.org
- COVID-19 Information Coordinator (Department of Public Health Liaison #2), Carol Coles, staff member: Carol.Coles@sfuhs.org
- Director of Operations (SF and CA Department of Public Health Liaison #1), Mary Stares: email@example.com
- Dean of Faculty, Assist. Head of School, Nasif Iskander: Nasif.Iskander@sfuhs.org
- Chief Financial Officer, Michael Novak: Michael.Novak@sfuhs.org
- Dean of Teaching & Learning, Byron Philhour: Byron.Philhour@sfuhs.org
- Dean of Student Life, Alexandra Simmons:
- Director of Human Resources, Laura Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org